Connect the Printer to the Network
Before connecting the printer to the network, complete the hardware setup of your printer for 123.hp.com/setup. Unbox your printer by removing its packaging, install the ink cartridges and load paper into the printer’s paper tray.
- Turn on your printer by pressing it’s on/off button.
- On the main screen of the printer, tap on the Wireless icon.
- After that, touch the settings icon and then select Wireless Settings.
- In the next screen, select the Wireless Setup Wizard option. By doing so, your printer will start searching for the wireless routers in range.
- Then, it will show you a list of available networks. Select the name of your network.
- Afterward, enter your Wi-Fi password and press OK.
- On the Confirm Settings screen, press OK.
- Wait till the printer is connected to the network. When the “Connection Successful” screen appears, touch Done.
Download HP Printer Driver
Follow the below-given steps to download the HP printer driver from 123.hp.com/setup:
- Open a web browser.
- Go to 123.hp.com by typing it in the address bar.
- Then, the Software Download window will display on your screen. Select your printer type i.e Officejet, Deskjet, Envy, Laserjet from the upper panel of the window.
- After that, click on the Download tab to get the recommended software for your printer. By doing so, the software will start downloading.
- Once the file is downloaded, it will be saved in the Downloads folder.
HP Printer Driver Installation
For 123.hp.com/setup, follow the given steps to install your printer driver:
- Access the Downloads folder. If you are a Mac User, open Finder and then click Downloads from the left side of the Finder window.
- Now, locate the setup file of 123.hp.com/setup and double-click on it. After that, you will get the Security Warning pop-up box on your screen, select Run.
- Then, another pop-up of User Account Control appears asking for your permission to make necessary changes to your computer. For granting permission, click Yes.
- On the agreement screen, review the license agreements and statements. If you agree with the terms, select the checkbox of “I have read and agree to the End User License Agreement and HP Privacy Statement. Then, click Continue.
- Now connect your printer to the computer by selecting the wired or wireless connection method. If you choose the wired connection, attach a USB cable from your printer to the computer.
- The application will start searching for your printer. When the Printer Found window appears on your screen, click on the Continue button. But if your printer is not detected, click on My Printer is not shown and then follow the on-screen instructions to detect your printer.
- Now, the program shows you all the latest software and drivers for your printer. HP recommends to select the “Full Software and Drivers” but you can choose “Basic Drivers”. So, make an appropriate selection and click Continue.
- By doing so, it will start downloading the software. When the download completes, the printer software extracts and opens automatically.
- After that, it will show you the Software Selection window. You can customize your software installation by clicking on the Customize Software Selection tab. Then, click on the Next button which is located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Next, it will start installing the software on your system. As the installation process may take a few minutes so you need to wait for its completion.
- If you are installing the software on Mac, you will be asked to enter your Mac credentials. Hence, type your Mac Username and password into their respective fields and then click OK.
- When the “Setup Complete” window appears, click Finish to complete the process of 123.hp.com/setup.